Diet for kids during Janudice
Jaundice is a condition where the liver is affected. Hence all fatty food which has to be digested by the liver should be avoided as the liver needs rest. The general rule for diet during jaundice is to increase the intake of carbohydrates and decrease the intake of proteins and a big no to oily food. Food prepared preferably at home should be taken.
Solid food should be avoided for first few days. A good control on diet should be made up to 6 months after recovering from jaundice. Doctor’s medication should be strictly completed even after recovery.
What to take:
– Fruits like apple, pineapple, orange, papaya, grapes and mango.
– Sugar cane juice and lime juice
– Vegetables like Carrots, Potato, Fenugreek, Cauliflower, spinach.
– Rice, bread, chapathi, idli
– Vegetable soups mainly tomato soup
– Almonds soaked overnight and with outer skin removed
– Dried dates soaked and grain removed
(All the items should be prepared without spices)